“Am I a sex addict?”
The sexual behavior isn’t what determines whether you have a sexual addiction.
It is about the extent that sex is used or misused, like when:
- Sex is used to either numb / distract from feelings of anger and sadness
- Sex is used to feel something because you feel little otherwise
- Sex when our consent is compromised
- Are you sexual online or with others but not with your partner?
- Sex is not when we want to but because we feel like we must
- Trading sex to gain power, to get your way, to avoid a fight or consequence
- When sex is limited to only a discussion on pleasure
You want help but don’t necessarily want a label attached to you.
There is no label – just terminology to access appropriate help.
Discovering that you have a pattern of sex addiction behavior does not mean that you will have a life-long problem or that you are an addict worthy of judgment.
You need to know more about yourself…
…so that you can receive the appropriate help.
I can help you regardless of the results of this test.
Using sex to distract from your pain? I can help you move past your wounds.
Using sex to feel alive? I can help you grow your emotional experience in other parts of life.
Compromised consent and sexual desire overpowering you? I can help you regulate your sexual impulses and use them with the right people.
Treating yourself like a sex object to be used for personal gain or pain aversion? I can help you stop weaponizing your sexual self and to be focused on using sex for connection, love, and pleasure.
Why keep barking up the wrong tree or keep lying to yourself about the extent of your problems?
Fortunately, there’s a thorough online assessment to help.
This is the best, most comprehensive assessment available — with a 98% accuracy rate!
- The Comprehensive Sexual Addiction Assessment I offer combines over 25 relevant tests organized into one cohesive report.
- Gathers data on various aspects of the 144 different problematic sexual behaviors.
- Tracks including typical patterns of consequences, evolution, and timing of behavior and thought patterns, as well as intimacy patterns and therapy readiness.
- Takes 90 minutes to complete.
- You receive a copy of the report, and I will discuss the results with you.
- It creates the backbone of our treatment plan.
Tackling your challenges more efficiently…
The assessment will allow me to target our work together to get results faster.
It is predictive.
If nothings changes, it tells us where you are headed.
It is simultaneously an intervention, provides context for how you actually compare with others, and offers sign posts on where we begin our work.
Customized help for you…
If you are ready to empower yourself with knowledge and begin to receive customized strategies to get the help that you deserve, give me a call at (437) 800-8860 or click here to get us started on this process.